Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Now in Uganda

I came to Africa with a heart for the orphans and the ones that had been stolen from by the Spirit of poverty for decades. When I first arrived I spent countless time leaning into the heart of God as I found myself in a place so foreign to me and having no perspective on what my role would be at the Uganda Jesus Village. I knew that I was falling in love with the children, and I desired to bring the kingdom of god into their lives as fully as possible, but didn’t know what my practical job would look like. As my relationships grew with the children and the staff of the UJV, I found myself building a ministery that I didn’t have to plan out. I had built a ministry on relationships. I spent evening after evening with the children, chatting with them about life issues, about what God was speaking and about their potential. I found myself living life with them. They started to creep into my heart in a way that I had never experienced before. I had stepped into a role that I had always dreamed about but never knew what it would be like. I had stepped into motherhood. I gained 62 children, a heart of compassion so deep that no words could express, and a wisdom that was not my own but seemed to flow out of my core in glimpsing the bigger picture. I can’t believe 9 months have passed. Its been the biggest journey I’ve ever been on as every day is a new adventure. I’ve started to see every day as a an opportunity to change a paradigm, to change a heart, to change a life in Christ. Every day is a new day to touch and to speak life and potential to the one in doubt. Amidst every trial of possessions being stolen, lies being told, disrespect from the children, cultural conflict, and even loneliness, God never ceases to amaze me with His glory, His gifts, and His outpouring of Love and provision in my life. He’s called me to Uganda at this time and in this moment to bring transformation and glory to a nation. He’s called me to touch and love the one and to empower the future leaders of tomorrow. That call is not just for anyone. It’s for me. The Lord has said I’m a jewel so rare you’d have to search the world to find it and so beautiful it shines even in the dirt and the darkness. I’m a precious stone and I am chosen and anointed to bring wholeness to a nation. How does this happen? By leaning into the heart of God one day at a time.

No comments: