Tuesday, March 27, 2007

3-24-07 Testimonies in Kentucky

We drove to Kentucky on Wednesday this week and have been staying with a friend in Lawrenceburg. The Lord has been speaking some awesome things to me, and bringing revelation and power to me in my times with Him. 2 Chronicles has rocked my world this week! 2 Chronicles 7 talks about Fire coming down from Heaven and consuming the sacrifices and the glory filling the Tabernacle. This is such a picture of the baptism of the Holy Spirit now that we are under the new convenant. God brings tangible fire from heaven to consume us that His glory may dwell in us and spread! But only as we surrender and offer ourselves (our bodies) as wholly living sacrifices. FIRE FIRE FIRE!
Also reading Jehosaphat and Hezekiah and getting so encouraged and words for Louisville. Jehosaphat was told to have the Israelites stand still, just position themselves and God would fight the battle. So they did, they won and becuase of it, the nations gained a fear of the Lord. When God acts for people, a fear of the Lord should come with it! Hezekiah cried out to God on behalf of the people for mercy, and God actually answered Hezekiah "I will heal those who prepare their hearts for me". God wants to heal those who seek Him!
So tonight in Lousiville we were pumped to bring Heaven and Jesus to the streets! We parked downtown and went into Arby's to use the restroom. Well, there was one family in there eating. And the Lord gave me a word for the mother. He told me she had migraines and wanted to heal her. So I walked up to her, and asked her if she ever got migraines and when she said "yes occasionally, why do you need medicine?", i told her no no but the Lord told me you did and that I believe she would be healed if i could pray for her. I also wanted to stir up her faith and told her that I too battle migraines, but the Lord has healed me and continues to do so. So She said yes, I asked for her name, prayed, and i was so hot with the fire of God that I know God did a work. She obviously didnt have a migraine right then, but i totally believe she wont ever again, and I told her that..and she thanked me.
So after that we went to the streets and a girl saw that we had a microphone and started talking to us and asking what we were doing. When we told her we were gonna preach she started asking us about Jesus and how living in sin affected her christianity. She was a homosexual and she loved God and wanted to be free from her sin and be forgiven but wasnt sure if she was ready to give up that life. But she was hungry to do so, and wanted help. So we prayed for her and gave her contact info. It was awesome to see someone, especially someone living in homosexuality, hungry for Jesus and forgiveness and repentance even if she still wasnt sure she could do it...but thats where Jesus comes in right? one Encounter and she could be changed forever with the power of God!
We also met a man that was homeless, had lost his job in november. He was hungry, tired and in need of money for food and a bed that night. He knew the Lord well, so we just got to talk to him, hear his story and pray with him, and give to him a little bit. but it was awesome because after we prayed with him, He started singing with the joy of heaven, and his response was "I dont need to eat, i dont need to sleep, im not hungry anymore, im not tired, I wanna go tell people about Jesus!" haha. This guy got so full of heaven when we prayed! God filled this man up to the point where the natural needs faded away. Talk about Heaven coming to Earth! Praise God!
Since we've been in Kentucky we got two emails from previous people we have met on this trip. One was from Bob, the red flannel shirt guy we met in Colorado who had back pain. and God was showing him that He really did care about the details of his life. We had gotten another email from him that said the number 13 (another word of knowledge) was the most dominate number he used every single day. Well, this email stated that his back was MUCH BETTER, to the point where he had no pain even when carrying luggage. and he told us he knew it started that day he met us and prayed. He was truly realizing God was interested in him.
The second email was from the woman we stayed with in Wisconsin. She was so awesome! We got to pray and prophesy over her and her daughter. And we prayed for her dad's health and the tests he just had done. We prayed for her sister's and her mom's health as well. The email said her dad's test results came back negative, and her mom was being released from the nursing home and that she'd check on Pearl as well. PRAISE JESUS!
This trip is all worth it, even if its just one that we touch. Craig Kingsley just wrote a teaching about how God is all about "the one". the individual. Jesus would have been sent and died if it had only been one person...if u had been the only one. If Jesus sent me for only one person, it'd be worth it. Simply because the individual means that much to Him! He loves and sees the one!
Biggest thing I've thought about lately on this trip is that what I could give to America in terms of Heaven/spirituality if I could. If I could leak something from Heaven everywhere I went, and if I could supernaturally impart something to everyone i touch or come into contact with, it would be Hunger! Hunger for Jesus. If people in America can get hungry and seek Him, He would be found. He says, Seek me and find me when u search for me with all your heart. But they gotta want him more than their stuff, more than entertainment, more than their social atmosphere/lives, more than their money or jobs, more than anything else. Lord give me the anointing for hunger! to light fire in people's hearts that burns for you so much God, to the point where they couldnt survive without more of you!

No comments: