Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Justice

The Lord has recently been putting this word "Justice" on my heart. And I don't know if I have a specific definition for it yet, but I wanted to share what the Lord has been showing me, because it is a piece of His heart.
First, this all started two weeks ago in my living room when a few friends came over and we had worship and prayer. The glory of God showed, we smelled the fragrance of the Lord, got filled with the Spirit, and started to receive visions and revelation. My friend Steph and I had simultaneous visions, where we saw the same thing in the Spirit at the same time. One of us would say what we saw, and the other would confirm it, by saying i see it too and would go on to describe what it looked like in detail to match what the other person saw. It was one of the most awesomest experiences I've had in a corporate setting with the Lord. One of the visions that I saw was of the poor. I saw a line of poor people, I couldn't see the end of the line. But at the front was Jesus, and one by one Jesus would approach them all, gaze into their eyes, and with all the Love he had, welcomed them into his Kingdom. He placed a crown on each person's head, and beautiful royal robe that covered their rags. The vision ended, and from the gut of my stomach, the Spirit rose up in me and I yelled "Justice!!!"
It is this picture that Jesus started to show me His heart for the poor. i mean, I knew they were special and I knew they were blessed, and are chosen from other experiences and other things. But this vision made my heart burn, and makes me want to swim to third world countries if I have to to share Jesus with them. But there are also plenty of poor here in America. So let me share another story of God working this out in me.
Wednesday night, Diana and I went to Walmart to get some DP. (Dr. pepper for those who dont know). Well, Diana saw a homeless man was sitting outside on the wall as we drove by, so we parked and before heading into the store we stopped to talk to him. His name was Kevin, and seemed so sweet. You could tell he just enjoyed having someone to talk to. He started telling us about all the injustice against him. He spoke of people cheating him of money, people taking advantage of his work when had a job, and how it seemed every person was out to get him. Something in me almost wanted to hear him talk about it more, and tell me more because in America we dont think about it. we ignore it. And hearing Him speak from His heart, burdened my heart with the heart of the Lord to redeem Him and love him, and plead His cause. and the God showed me a picture of a crown for Him, and told me to tell Kevin that it was his for the taking. that he had an inheritance in the Kingdom of Heaven. So Diana and I just got to share God's love with this man and my heart continued to burn for the love that Jesus has for the poor. Jesus wants them so badly!
So this whole week, I havent been able to get Kevin out of my head. We gave him an invitation to receive Jesus, to believe, but he did have the hold of the enemy on Him. He had been exposed to witchcraft and some other bad stuff that had caused demonic influences and oppression. So he wanted Jesus, but something in Him wouldnt let him say it. i pray I will see him in the kingdom. This idea of justice, and loving the poor, and standing for the cause of the poor is HUGE in the heart and eyes of God.
I was reading the book of Jeremiah on thursday and verse 22:15-16 says "Did not your father eat and drink,And do justice and righteousness?Then it was well with him.16 He judged the cause of the poor and needy;Then it was well.Was not this knowing Me?" says the LORD."NKJV
Knowing God involves his heart for the poor and justice and righteousness.
Earlier this week i had gone out with some people and we were talking about Boston, and Diana and I had mentioned how we would love to live in the city and be able to take the "T" to work. Well, this person simply said, "Ew, the subway is so dirty, and having to sit next to homeless people, ew gross". This is how the homeless are viewed, especially here in America. Jesus would not only sit next to them and talk to them, he'd give them a hug probably before and after, maybe even during. I want to love them!
Friday I went up to Gordon College and had some worship in my friend's apartment. Diana got a word for me, Psalm 82. Not knowing what it was, my body started shaking by the Spirit because the Rhema word of God had been spoken. So I looked it up and it reads: "God stands in the congregation of the mighty; He judges among the gods. How long will you judge unjustly, And show partiality to the wicked? Defend the poor and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy; Free them from the hand of the wicked. They do not know, nor do they understand; They walk about in darkness; All the foundations of the earth are unstable. I said,"You are gods,And all of you are children of the Most High. But you shall die like men, And fall like one of the princes." Arise, O God, judge the earth; For You shall inherit all nations." NKJV We're all children of the most high. We should be defending each other of injustice.
The book of Amos is all about God's judgement on injustice. It is all about God judging those that do not care for the poor and stand for the cause of the needy. There's An entire book on the judgement for Justice! Thats gotta be huge on God's heart!
James 1:27 says, "Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this, to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world." Religion before God is caring for the troubled and needy! Religion is all about Justice!
In Numbers 27, the 5 daughters of Zelophehad were defended by the Lord. The law had been that only males, could inherit land. Zelophehad didn't have any sons and had died in the wilderness so his daughters pleaded with Moses and Eleazar the Priest to give them an inheritance from among their father's brothers. So when Moses asked the Lord, the Lord told him to change the law because the daughters are right. God's heart was justice. He had Moses, change the law! because of justice.
Jesus said in the beatitudes blessed are the poor for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Jesus says in Matthew 25:37-40 They shall say 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'
Proverbs 21:3 says to do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice! He desires justice and righteousness more than our offerings! more than our sacrifice! This is backed up by Isaiah 58, the fast he has chosen is to give bread to the hungry, let the oppressed go free, cover the naked, house the poor. Its a call to justice!!! Its a call to love the poor! His heart is burning for them! Go get them! Love them!
The bible is full of scripture on this, Every book, these are just a few he's laid on my heart. The poor are highly favored!"
More scriptures include: Prov 22:16,9, 31:20, 29:7, 1:13, 14:20-21, 2:7-9, Isaiah 1:17, Psalm 10, 72:2, Zech 4:10, Jer 6:28-29, Lev 19:15, Deut 15, Deut 24:12-18, Job 5:15-16, Ps 113:7-8, James 5:1-6, Psalm 97:2, Ps 106:3. Isaiah 30:18 etc..

No comments: